When I started this blog, I felt like I was the only one around blogging about rural life. If that was ever true, it certainly isn’t now. Here’s a list of people to contact if you ever want to learn something about rural life. I’ve pulled this list together from the contacts I have on twitter, and this fantastic list of Aussie farm blogs that Alison Fairleigh has put together. It’s by no means exhaustive, if you think I’ve missed someone feel free to add them in a comment!
- If you want to know how your steak is produced, you could ask: Angus cattle breeders Matt Cherry & Shelley Piper. Or send a tweet the way of Belle Baker.
- If you want to know why $1/ Liter milk is not all good and how milk gets to a carton you could read the blog: ‘The Milk Made Marion‘.
- If you want to know where your jeans, t-shirt and undies are grown. Have a ‘yarn’ to the cotton wife. Or send a tweet to Warraboy.
- If you want to know what a free range chicken is talk to Andy, or where to order some green eggs, speak to Shelly Green at Green Eggs.
- If you want to know how Australian sheep or cattle are & should be treated then get in touch with Grahame Rees.
- The folks at Mt Gnomon Farm can show you how they really bring home the bacon.
- What do the terms organic and biodynamic actually mean? They’ll tell you at Ruby Hills Organics.
- If you want to learn what life is like for a farmers wife, you’ll probably get a funny answer from wimmerachic. Wimmera chic farms about 50km up the road from me and has a blog here.
- Finally, if you want to known what goes into the wheat which goes into your pasta or the good and bad behind the GM Canola, you could ask me.